Updating SDK5.0.3 to 5.0.4

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
ibbkoeln
加入:2016-03-18 10:34
Updating SDK5.0.3 to 5.0.4

Hi!

Is there an app note for updating an SDK5.0.3 project to 5.0.4 available?

Thanks and regards,
Oliver

Device:
MT_dialog
Staff
加入:2015-06-08 11:34
Hi ibbkoeln,

Hi ibbkoeln,

There isn't any document that describes the differences between the two SDK versions, what is recommended is to migrate your project to the newer SDK instead of try to update the old SDK with the new changes. The structure of the files is quite the same, therefore if the user hasn't inserted any apllication specific code in the basic SDK files the migration should be quite straightforward.

Thanks MT_dialog

ibbkoeln
Hi MT_dialog,

Hi MT_dialog,

I copied the project into the same location in the new SDK folder. Of course I did not try to change the SKD ;-)

Compiling the project leads to some errors in user_config.h:

.\..\src\config\user_config.h(61): error: #136: struct "security_configuration" has no field "tk"
.tk={
。\ . . \ src \ config \ user_config.h(77):错误:#20: identifier "ADV_UNDIRECT" is undefined
.advertise_operation=ADV_UNDIRECT,
。\ . . \ src \ config \ user_config.h(77):错误:#136: struct "advertise_configuration" has no field "advertise_operation"
.advertise_operation=ADV_UNDIRECT,
.\..\src\config\user_config.h(93): error: #20: identifier "ADV_NON_CONN" is undefined
.advertise_operation=ADV_NON_CONN,
.\..\src\config\user_config.h(93): error: #136: struct "advertise_configuration" has no field "advertise_operation"
.advertise_operation=ADV_NON_CONN,
.\..\src\config\user_config.h(127): error: #20: identifier "ADV_DIRECT" is undefined
.advertise_operation=ADV_DIRECT,
.\..\src\config\user_config.h(127): error: #136: struct "advertise_configuration" has no field "advertise_operation"
.advertise_operation=ADV_DIRECT,
.\..\src\config\user_config.h(133): error: #70: incomplete type is not allowed
static const struct directed_advertise_configuration user_directed_advertise_target_address_conf={

What should I do? Is it save to just replace my old user_config and to adapt my settings in the new user_config?

Thanks and regards,
Oliver

MT_dialog
Staff
Hi ibbkoeln,

Hi ibbkoeln,

Yes, you can adapt the user_config.h file from the new SDK to the configuration of your older SDK, in order to get rid of some errors, then you need to correct your user_callback_config.h file and replace the .app_on_sytem_powered with the .app_on_system_powered and then you will need to add the 3 new object files atts_util.obj, gapc_task.obj and llc_con_update_ind.obj in order for your project to compile.

Thanks MT_dialog

ibbkoeln
Hi MT_dialog,

Hi MT_dialog,

Thank you, I got it working. But now the resulting binary doesn't fit into memory anymore... Is it right that skd 5.0.4 is consumpting more memory than 5.0.3?

Regards,
Oliver

MT_dialog
Staff
Hi ibbkoeln,

Hi ibbkoeln,

Yes the footprint of the 5.0.4 is larger than the 5.0.3.

Thanks MT_dialog