Set DA14583 Sensor to beacon mode?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
htwdd_stein
加入:2016-12-12 15:06
Set DA14583 Sensor to beacon mode?

Hello,

is there a way to put the IoT-Sensor DA14583 into beacon mode?
In original standard project wrbl_sfl the sensor send it's data only, when it is connected to a host. But I dont want to connect the sensor first bevor sending data.
I want to send these data in a broadcast frame like Eddystone-Beacon. How can I do that?
Which function or parameters should I modify to come to that solution?
Can you give me a hint, please?

If this is not possible, is there a way to make a connection in a short time slot to transmit actual sensor data once and than go into deep sleep mode for a while? How does is work?

Thanks a lot for your commitment.

Benny

Device:
MT_dialog
Staff
加入:2015-06-08 11:34
Hi htwdd_stein,

Hi htwdd_stein,

没有来电显示灯塔nallity for the IoT sensor kit fw, the sensors are configured and initialized as soon as the device gets connected, there is no implementation to embed data into the advertising string, if you would like to do something like that i would suggest to create a custom project for this or try to modify the raw project. The general idea is to start the sensor as soon as the device starts operating, read the sensors (i suppose that you will just read them directly via polling the corresponding registers) and then construct an advertising string that you will then feed to the start advertising command. Regarding making a connection short send the data and then advertise again, you could connect and then after a specific amount of time issue a disconnection command, but whether this is viable solution or not depends on what you would like to do, i mean the connection to a central means that the central can properly enable the notification characteristics so that the peripheral would start notifying. Also regarding the sleeping, the device is sleeping even when there is a connection with a central, the peripheral is sleeping right between the connection event the two devices have arranged during the connection procedure, what do you mean "how does it work" ?

Thanks MT_dialog