Public hosting of hci_581_active_uart.hex?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
mringwal
Public hosting of hci_581_active_uart.hex?

Can we host the hci_581_active_uart.hex on our webserver or convert it into a c-array (uint8_t image[] = { 0x.....}) and provide it as part of the DA14581 chipset support in our Bluetooth stack?

If yes, it would make it easier for people to compile and test BTstack with the DA14581. Otherwise, we would need to provide instructions on how to create an account, log in, download the SDK, extract a single file and provide a conversion tool, before it can be tested.

Following uphttps://support.dialog-semiconductor.com/forums/post/dialog-smartbond-bl...–-hardware-device-reference-designs/hci-uart
I was able to start up the stack with the DA14581 in HCI mode and do basic communications. Now, I'd like to complete the port.

Best
Matthias

Keywords:
Device:
MT_dialog
Staff
Hi mringwal,

Hi mringwal,

Can you please elaborate a bit your question, what i understand is that you would like to include the hci_581_active_uart.hex on your web server or provide it as a c-array file in order for your customers to be able to download it directly from there instead of reaching out on this support site. Can you please let us now about some details regarding what you have developed.

Thanks MT_dialog

mringwal
Sure. Our Bluetooth stack is

Sure. Our Bluetooth stack is provided athttps://github.com/bluekitchen/btstack/

While BTtstack supports all Bluetooth chipsets with an H4/H5 UART or H2 USB connection, some chipsets needs some additional initialization before they can be used. E.g. TI's CC256x series requires a firmware patch, same for the Cypress/BCM chipsets.

BTstack provides a number of ports: combinations of platforms (e.g. OS X, Linux, FreeRTOS,) and chipsets or just HCI Transports, e.g. there's a version that runs on Linux and uses an USB Bluetooth dongle. Another runs on Linux and works with different H4 modules (TI's CC256x, CSR, BCM). To compile and start up, the custom init script for each chipset is required. If they are provided on the web without a log-in, the BTstack build system (Makefiles) just download them with curl without user intervention.

Since the DA14581 does not speak HCI after reboot, I was planning on creating a posix-h4-da14581 port. There I could add a ReadMe flle that would explain how to get hold of the hci_581_active_uart.hex file. It would just be simpler if the HCI firmware could be downloaded automatically from the web.

Thanks
Matthias

MT_dialog
Staff
Hi mringwal,

Hi mringwal,

I am checking your request with a more suitable colleague on these kind of matters, i will let you know as soon as i ve got an answer on this.

Thanks MT_dialog

mringwal
Cool, thanks!

Cool, thanks!

If it gets too complicated with the legal department (while it's just a binary blob though...), I can still just let the user download it.

另一个想法:我不需要to host it on my company site. The .hex (or a .bin, or a .c file with a large array), could also be hosted on Dialog's site or be checked into Dialog's GitHub repo.

MT_dialog
Staff
Hi mringwal,

Hi mringwal,

Just got some feedback on this, yes you can go ahead and share the .hex on your website site.

Thanks MT_dialog

mringwal
Excellent. It will make

Excellent. It will make support for the DA14581in BTstack much easier.