Problems with flash in DA14680-01

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
danielhope
Problems with flash in DA14680-01

我们正在开发一个产品使用DA14680和are hoping to use the built-in flash to boot from and store some data. We have our code working on the DA14681 basic dev kit and now our custom prototype boards based on DA14680 we need to get it working on that platform

I can connect to the DA14680 on our custom board with a J-Link via SWD and can also talk via UART at boot time.

The issue I am having is with the built-in flash, it doesn't seem to work...
- if I upload uartboot.bin via the UART bootloader, the chip hangs. On further investigation I can see that the code is stuck in the Hard Fault handler whilst trying to access the flash (from system_ARMCM0.c function SystemInitPost when calling qspi_automode_init)
- if I change the value of dg_configFLASH_CONNECTED_TO to FLASH_IS_NOT_CONNECTED then the uartboot code will run and I can ask for e.g. "read_chip_info" from cli_programmer, however requesting any of the flash/qspi operations will hang
- if I use the SmartSnippets Toolbox to connect and try and read anything from qspi it will timeout

Has anybody managed to use the flash in the DA14680 - what steps do I need to take that are different from DA14681 with ext flash (as on dev kit)?

I have tried with both SDK 1.0.6 and SDK 1.0.8 - if I switch to SDK 1.0.8 What values should I use for dg_configFLASH_CONNECTED_TO, dg_configFLASH_HEADER_FILE, dg_configFLASH_MANUFACTURER_ID, dg_configFLASH_DEVICE_TYPE, dg_configFLASH_DENSITY

Thanks!

Device:
danielhope
Replying to my own post in

Replying to my own post in case it helps someone else.

I believe we have located the problem - our sample custom boards don't seem to have pin B2 VDDIO connected to a power source. On the DA14680 this pin powers the internal flash, no power = no flash

MT_dialog
Staff
Hi danielhope,

Hi danielhope,

The VDDIO pin doesn't exactly powers the flash, but its the QSPI flash interface supply voltage in order for the qspi controller to function with the signal level that the qspi flash is operating, and it is required. You can check the AN-B-061 document for details on the hardware design guidelines.

Thanks MT_dialog

Firefox2005
Hi,

Hi,

we also had the same problem . In my opinion the AN-B-061 document doesn't express this clearly enough maybe you should update it. We thought the VDDIO is connected internaly.

danielhope
Thanks - glad to hear we

Thanks - glad to hear we weren't the only ones... luckily we could rework the boards to link B2 to A8 to get VDD1V8 connected to VDDIO.

This post:https://support.dialog-semiconductor.com/forums/post/dialog-smartbond-bl...seems to suggest powering from 3V3 or 1V8