4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bharath
PAN1740 Board spioled.

Hi,
We have built our prototype boarsd of our product, which uses PAN1740. Initial testing was successful with the full functionality of the product until the SUOTA is carried out.
The SUOTA was complted and the reboot command was sent. But the device did not reboot. After careful testing we found out that Gnd and Vcc of the PAN1740 were showing short.
We had 1uF and 0.1uF decoupling capacitors. What is the reason for this?
All the design is in reference with the dialog semiconductor application notes and user manuals.
我们应该与我们的名单吗t release or should we need to reconsider any missed points?
Do you have any earlier cases like this?

Thanks
Bharath

Device:
MT_dialog
Staff
Hi Bharath,

Hi Bharath,

I am not sure that i fully get the question, but as far as i understand the short circuit that you had i suppose that was either because of an assembly error or an error in the PCB layout. I am not aware of any cases of Vcc and Gnd shorting at least on the 580.

Thanks MT_dialog

Bharath
Hi MT_dialog,

Hi MT_dialog,
Thanks for the reply.
We had verified the board after assembly. We are able to program from J-Tag multiple times and also SPI Flashing was also working.Even the booting from SPI Flash was successful.
But Just after the SUOTA, this short occurred. We are unable to understand the cause.

MT_dialog
Staff
Hi Bharath,

Hi Bharath,

As far as i can understand from your description, please correct me if i am wrong, when using the SUOTA and after the fw is uploaded and the device asks for a reset, the PAN module shortciruits the Vcc and the GND, is my understanding correct ? If there is a short circuit i dont see how the device is running at the first place or how the SUOTA completion is activating that short circuit (when the device promts you to reset the device all that it does is just to invoke a platform_reset() in order to reset the device). Perhaps this is something else that you are missing, since i dont see any reasonable explanation for this since i am not able to guess how the reset of the device causes this kind of short circuit. Also since this is about the PAN module, perhaps you should check with panasonic if they have experienced similar issues.

Thanks MT_dialog