smartsnippets not detecting da14580 custom board

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
paramvir.in@gma...
smartsnippets not detecting da14580 custom board

Hi

we have developed custom board based on DA14580 and trying to connect to smartsnippets studio with the following pin configuration on development kit pro

VPP -> pin 1 on custom board (tried with not connected too)
GND -> pin 2 on custom board
SWDIO -> pin 25 on custom board
SWCLK -> pin 27 on custom board

custom board is connected to the computer USB.

Regards

Keywords:
Device:
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi paramvir.in@gmail.com,

Hiparamvir.in@gmail.com,

Please check the FAQs, in the Development kits & reference designs section, there is a question "How to program a custom board using a development kit (basic or pro)".

https://support.dialog-semiconductor.com/guide/faq-dev-kits-ref-designs

Are you using JTAG or UART interface to program your board?

Thanks PM_Dialog

paramvir.in@gma...
Hi PM_Dialog

Hi PM_Dialog

I am using JTAG.

Regards

PM_Dialog
Staff

Hiparamvir.in@gmail.com,

Did you check the connections and you are still not able to connect your custom board with the Smart Snippets? Please check if the device is visible from keil via the "Target Options" button, "Debug tab" and hit the "settings" button. Under the SW Device, keil should indicate the IDCODE of the ARM attached on the SW interface. You can do that in order to check if your custom device is visible from the SEGGER sw. Also, could you please clarify if you are able to program your custom board through UART using Smart Snippet tool? Also, did you try to download firmware to System RAM via Keil in order to make sure that the DA1458o is working correctly?

Thanks, PM_Dialog

paramvir.in@gma...
Hi PM_Dialog

Hi PM_Dialog

IDCODE is not showing in the Keil settings. and its also not showing up in smart snippet tool.

can you please verify that if daughter board is working using development kit pro. we can still have probability that there can be issue in development kit pro while programming my custom board.

Regards

Paramvir

PM_Dialog
Staff

Hiparamvir.in@gmail.com,

Sorry, but I am not able to understand your question. You can use our development kit to program your custom board, as is described in the FAQs tab. If you are not able to see the serial number of the jlink i would say that this means that either the DK is damaged or perhaps you will need to update the fw in the JTAG, you will be able to do so via the jlink Conifgurator. Under the SW Device, keil should indicate the IDCODE of the ARM attached on the SW interface. If you can’t see the IDCODE this means that your custom device is not visible from the SEGGER sw. Also, I would strongly suggest to review you schematics and layouts.

Thanks, PM_Dialog