da14580 Direct mode Test

Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
bruno_ferrarezi
加入:2017-05-15 18:33
da14580 Direct mode Test

Hello Dialog Team,

I'm following “AN-B-007 DA1458x Bluetooth Direct Test Mode” to learn how can we test the product on the lab.
I'm using SmartSnippets burn prod_test_580.bin, but I don't know how to identify if my board is prepared for the lab test or not.

I don't have the equipaments discrebed on the document to check if the firmware it is working or not. I tested the harware with my custom firmware application is working very well and the hardware is perfect.

Could you tell me if is possible measure something to know if the prod_test_580.bin (original Dialog Firmware) is ok?

Best Regards.
Bruno Ferrarezi.

Device:
MHv_Dialog
Staff
加入:2013-12-06 15:10
Hi Bruno,

Hi Bruno,

如果你有一个DA14580职业发展工具, you can get a visual of the current consumption which will be a good representation of the state of the radio. The way to do this is described below:

• Remove the daughter card from the PRO kit
  • Power your custom board from J5 pin 23 and use J5 pin 2 as GND
  • Run the SmartSnippets power profiler tool (Part of SmartSnippets Toolbox)
  • When you run the TX test, you should see fast and periodic current pulses of app 5mA
  • When you run the RX test, you should see a constant 5mA draw

If you don't have a PRO kit, you can do something similar by powering your device through a 2.2 Ohm resistor to convert the current to a voltage that you can probe with an oscilloscope.

/MHv

bruno_ferrarezi
加入:2017-05-15 18:33
Hello!

Hello!
First off all, thanks for you quickly answer.
I will follow your instruction.

Best Regards.
Bruno Ferrarezi.