⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
gperroni
加入:2017-09-29 08:46
Service UUID 128 bit

Dear all,

I'm Giancarlo and I have a question regarding Service UUIDs 128 Bit.

I'm currently using AT commands from CodeLess to setup an application with 2 Dev Kit Pro. When I use the "scan" command I see the second Dialog Dev Kit adress marked with an asterisk. From code I found it means the service UUID (#define DEF_CUST1_SVC_UUID_128 {0x83, 0x6E, 0xEC, 0x1B, 0xF9, 0xB7, 0x05, 0x9C, 0xDC, 0x40, 0x74, 0xE6, 0x04, 0x3B, 0x6D, 0x86}) is recognised as equal to the one in the first Dev Kit (the one who perform the scan operation). My questions are:

- service UUIDs 128 Bit have to be purchased or are free?
- can I define the service UUIDs as I want or should I respect specific rules?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Giancarlo

Device:
MT_dialog
Staff
加入:2015-06-08 11:34
Hi gperoni,

Hi gperoni,

1. No you dont have to purchase a 128-bit UUID in order to use it, this applies only to 16bit UUID for use with the Bluetooth SIG base UUID.
  2. No there are no specific guidelines for the 128-bit UUID's defined by the spec, it can be any random 128-bit value which does not conflict with the allready reserved UUID's of the SIG (avoid containing the base UUID address of the UUID's of the SIG xxxxxxxx-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB).

Thanks MT_dialog

Jitendraprasad
加入:2017-10-02 10:38
Hello

Hello

我们如何实现128bit UUID in DA1468x platform?
Is there any API available in Dialog SDK? or any example?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Jitendra

LC_Dialog
Staff
加入:2016-09-19 23:20
Hi Jitendraprasad,

Hi Jitendraprasad,

The question is very general. If you are referring to using 128 bit UUIDs for a custom service or characteristic, you will generate a 128-bit UUID using a UUID generator online and you can assign that to a custom service or a characteristic.

Yes, there is API available for working with these UUIDs like converion from string etc., For more information, you can refer to one of the service implementations like dlg_debug service.

希望这可以帮助. .

Best,
LC_Dialog