A firmware upgrade of the DA14585 can bring new features?

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
eolanecaen
加入:2014-04-08 09:32
A firmware upgrade of the DA14585 can bring new features?

Hi Dialog team.

I'm currently using an SDK 6.0.2 because of an old chip revision. Ok.
But I need to know what exactly can be updated in the 585 by firmware upgrade.

As an example, if my product embeds a chip revision compatible with SDK 6.0.4,
will I am able to support the Mesh feature by upgrading my application using your next SDK?

Are there some other feature which would be available (or not) by upgrade later?

谢谢你的支持。

Device:
MT_dialog
工作人员
加入:2015-06-08 11:34
Hi eolanecaen,

Hi eolanecaen,

你叔叔rstand that if you updalod a 6.0.4 fw it means that the AB silicon that you are using is going to end up in hardfault, just to be clear on that. I suppose that you mean what can be updated on SUOTA procedure, the SUOTA procedure updates the contents of the Flash, which is going to be used in order for the 585 to boot an updated fw, so the SUOTA procudure updates the RAM contents, actually the entire fw that the device runs. Regarding the MESH, i suppose that this will be entirely depended on the fw the 585 runs so, yes i assume that you will be able to update a non-mesh application with an application that supports mesh as soon as this will be available (i only assume, since the mesh implementation is not released and i am not aware yet for the insides of the implementation, but i dont think that there will be any additional dependancy besides the code running in the Sysram). In general most of the added features are either supported or not supported from the current version of the SDK, when you perform an SUOTA procedure you update the application and the SDK itself, so when the SDK implements new features that means that with a SUOTA procedure those features will also be supported by the device.

Thanks MT_dialog