DSPS_6.150.4.50 uart problem

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lane
加入:2015-07-14 14:21
DSPS_6.150.4.50 uart problem

Hi Dialog:

I used DSPS_6.150.4.50 for uart to ble debugging and encountered a problem:

Using the mobile phone app to receive, it can connect and discover the service uuid, but cannot receive the data sent by the serial port. During debugging, it is found that as long as the mobile phone is connected, the routine will always call the uart_receive function. How to settings e DSPS demo that it can Transmit character data through uart to ble.

Device:
PM_Dialog
Staff
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi Lane,

Hi Lane,

Could you please indicate he board that you are using? Is it a custom board with the DA14531 SoC, or any of our DKs? In second case, can you please share the jumpers configuration? Please note that you should use UART Hardware Flow control (RTS / CTS) - can you please check this?

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lane
I am using my layout board

I am using my layout board with the DA14531 SoC. If I want to transmit data through UART TO BLE, do I need to ground RTS? However, when BLE is connected, the RTS voltage is always high

Lane
Does DSPS application need

Does DSPS application need SPI flash?

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lane,

Hi Lane,

The DSPS is configured in extended sleep mode by default. The HW Flow control is used in order to wake up the device when in sleep mode and for the correct data reception and transmission. So the required signals for the UART communication are : URX, UTX, RTS, CTS. It is described in the user manual too.

//www.xmece.com/sites/default/files/um-b-088_da14585-531_serial_port_service_reference_application_2v0.pdf

You can download the DSPS firmware either to System-RAM or SPI flash.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Lane
Can I turn off sleep mode and

Can I turn off sleep mode and how to do it?

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Lane,

Hi Lane,

Please check the below code snippet in user_config.h :

/****************************************** * Default sleep mode. Possible values are: * * - ARCH_SLEEP_OFF * - ARCH_EXT_SLEEP_ON * - ARCH_EXT_SLEEP_OTP_COPY_ON * ****************************************** */ const static sleep_state_t app_default_sleep_mode = ARCH_EXT_SLEEP_ON;

If you need to disable the sleep mode, you should change the variable to ARCH_SLEEP_OFF.

Please also checkout our Sleep mode tutorial :

http://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/DA14531_Sleep_Mode+/index.html

Again, it’s not recommended to disable the UART Hardware Flow Control.

Do you have this choice on your custom board? You can also use the Binary mode from the CodeLess.

Thanks, PM_Dialog