⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
toshiyo
DA1469x

Dear All,

I have a question about DA14695 USB Development Kit .

My issue is that I am trying to validate the connection of a PC to this device. I tried to follow instructions from the UM-B-090 user manual, but despite following through all the instructions from section 6.4.1 was unable to verify connection with a PC through Tera Term. When I inputted all the parameters for connecting to UART in Table 4 and pressed ok in Tera Term, nothing happened in the terminal. I also noticed that while the User Guide says we should see 2 virtual COM ports, I only see one virtual UART COM port on my PC.

How can I properly verify the connection between my PC and the USB Development Kit?

Thank you for your time.

Device:
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi toshiyo,

Hi toshiyo,

The UM-B-090 user manual if for Pro-DK and according from what you mentioned; you are using the DA14695 USB Development Kit. Please open the Windows device manager and you should see only one virtual COM Port. Please check the attachments. In order to verify the connection between my PC and the USB Development Kit, you could use the freertos_retarget project from the SDK and you will see the # character in the Teraterm.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Attachment:
toshiyo
Dear PM_Dialog,

Dear PM_Dialog,

Thank you for responding. Based on your advice, I went ahead and ran the freertos_retarget from the SDK, and input the parameters in the Teraterm as seen in the screenshot you sent. However, I still do not see the # character in the Teraterm. I have attached a screenshot of my TeraTerm settings and the console output from running the freertos_retarget. How can I resolve this? Thank you for your time.

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi toshiyo,

Hi toshiyo,

请擦掉,然后计划QSPI flash? Execute the erase_qspi_jtag and then the program_qspi_jtag scripts from SmartSnippets studio. After that reset the USP board.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

toshiyo
Dear PM_Dialog,

Dear PM_Dialog,

Thank you. I will try to implement your advice. As a side note, are there any tutorials similar to what I see for the user guide for the ProDK that apply to the USB Development Kit?

Thank you for your time.

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi toshiyo,

Hi toshiyo,

You could find all the available tutorials and software example to getting started in DA1469x support website:

//www.xmece.com/products/da1469x-product-family

Thanks, PM_Dialog