DA14695 basic system setup

Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
is
加入:2016-08-25 06:50
DA14695 basic system setup

Hi all,

I have DA1469x ProKit with DA14695-based daughterboard (MX25U3235F flash chip mounted on board). I use SDK_10.0.8.105.

I try to rebuild my project from DA14680 platform to DA14695 based platform.

Last time, I add the most big module of my project - some library, so result size of firmware exceed 600k.

I successfully built my project, but can`t start it - execution always stucks at lines [479-501] of file called "init_da1469x.c". That code checks Copy and Data Tables, but fails on ASSERT_WARNING_UNINIT.

When I tried to find some information about that problem at support portal, I found interesting theme:https://support.dialog-semiconductor.com/forums/post/dialog-smartbond-bl.... I thought that it may be one of the reasons why execution of my code stucks always at the same place. I tried to reduce firmware size by excluding huge libary, and it works! But I can`t understand reason of happend. Am I mistaken when build library (for example, wrong processor configuration), or problem is too large firmware size?

提前谢谢!

Device:
PM_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi is,

Hi is,

Thanks for your question online. The reason for this issue is because the firmware size exceeds the 512KB. By default, both the SDK and chip configurations support running application images of up to 512 kB in size. However, it is feasible to support FW images of different sizes on the DA1469x. To do so, my suggestion would be to follow theDA1469x Supporting Images Bigger than 512kBand change the configuration to execute application images of 1 MB in size. When excluding your huge library, probably the application image is smaller than 512KB, so the execution takes places as expected. Please follow this tutorial and let me know.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

is
谢谢你的足总st reply! I

谢谢你的足总st reply! I`ll check it today.

is
All great! Works fine :)

All great! Works fine :)

PM_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi is,

Hi is,

Thanks for accepting my answer and glad that it works fine.

Short note FYI : In Section 2 – Step #12, there is no need to subtract the (136*1024). This is the size of the CMAC code, which is included as library in the QSPI build. That is not wrong, but the best approach would be to use the following configuration:

#ifndef dg_configQSPI_MAX_IMAGE_SIZE #define dg_configQSPI_MAX_IMAGE_SIZE ( IMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE ) #endif #ifndef dg_configQSPI_CODE_SIZE_AA #define dg_configQSPI_CODE_SIZE_AA ( dg_configQSPI_MAX_IMAGE_SIZE ) ) #endif

We are working on this tutorials and will update this steps shortly!

Thanks, PM_Dialog