DA14585 Sleep Mode for Beacon project.

Learn MoreFAQsTutorials

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ltdev
加入:2018-11-12 09:19
DA14585 Sleep Mode for Beacon project.

Hi;

I developed a beacon project with DA14585.

I use ble_app_barebone project

When;

static const sleep_state_t app_default_sleep_mode = ARCH_SLEEP_OFF;

I measure 0.449mA

then i changed

#define CFG_MAX_SLEEP_DURATION_EXTERNAL_WAKEUP_MS 10000 // 10s

static const sleep_state_t app_default_sleep_mode = ARCH_EXT_SLEEP_ON;

I measure ~23uA

But I Use prox_reporter

#define CFG_MAX_SLEEP_DURATION_EXTERNAL_WAKEUP_MS 10000 // 10s

static const sleep_state_t app_default_sleep_mode = ARCH_EXT_SLEEP_ON;

with same config I measure ~2uA

How can i reduce current in barebone project?

best regards...

Device:
PM_Dialog
Staff
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi btdev,

Hi btdev,

In pxp_reporter example of the SDK, the advertising is stopped, and the device will enter the extended sleep mode. While the device is advertising, it will go into extended sleep mode between advertising intervals. In addition, the power consumption is depended on the advertising intervals that you are using. In ble_app_barebone example, the application does not stop advertising, so you will get an average current consumption. For measuring the power consumption in sleep mode, I would suggest you use ble_app_sleepmode example of the SDK. In this example, the advertising is stopped, and the device enters the sleep mode. Please read the following tutorial regarding the procedure that you should follow:

//www.xmece.com/sites/default/files/training_04_sleep_mode_configurations_and_power_measurement_0.pdf

Thanks, PM_Dialog

ltdev
加入:2018-11-12 09:19
Hi.

Hi.

" In addition, the power consumption is depended on the advertising intervals that you are using"

I setted advertising interval same for two project.

If i stop advertising in sleep mode in ble_app_barebone example, can i measure same current? and how can i implement it?

PM_Dialog
Staff
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi btdev,

Hi btdev,

You should set up a timer, and upon its you should stop the advertising an d put the system into permanent sleep mode. After that, you should configure appropriately the Wake-up controller in order to wake it up. The implementation is already provided in the ble_app_sleepmode example of the SDK. Please use this example or follow the code implementation in order to do the same into ble_app_barebone example of the SDK. In addition, how you are measuring the sleep currents?

Thanks, PM_Dialog