Da14585 power consumption problem

Learn MoreFAQsTutorials

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
yekun
Da14585 power consumption problem

To use extended sleep (Bluetooth radio has always existed), I tried to use the prox_reporter program, but the power consumption was around 75UA-110ua. Is it normal and what method might be used to lower it?

note: 6.0.14.1114

Device:
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi yekun,

Hi yekun,

Thanks for your question. Can you please indicate if you have a custom board, or you are using any of our DKs? In second case, what is the DK that you are using and how you are measuring the sleep current?

Additionally, can you clarify if the device is advertising while measuring the power consumption?

Generally, the device goes into sleep mode (extended in your case) between advertising or connection intervals.

Please check the following tutorial for measuring the sleep mode current consumption :

//www.xmece.com/sites/default/files/training_04_sleep_mode_configurations_and_power_measurement_0.pdf

http://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/DA14531_Sleep_Mode+/extsleep_config.html

The second is for DA14531 but it can be used for the DA14585/6, as they have common SDK6.0.14.

Keep in mind that if you have the SPI Flash attached the power consumption will be increased - so if you have jumpers you should removed the or put the flash in power down mode.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

yekun
Thank you for answering my

谢谢你回答我的问题。我使用一个homemade board. PDF is my testing process.

How can we make the current lower。

Attachment:
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi yekun,

Hi yekun,

Apologies for my late response. Do you have the SPI flash attached while measuring the sleep currents? Did you follow the suggested tutorial?

Thanks, PM_Dialog