⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
goutham
加入:2017-08-10 12:34
DA14583

Hi

I am using DA14583 as a BLE server.Using nrfconnect app I am able to read the services of the sensor dongle. But in other case I am using Micro controller which has on chip BLE+Wi-Fi on it.When I run the BLe client program on the microcontroller it is unable to read the services of the DA14583 sensor dongle thought the code is compiled.It is just recognizing the device address of the sensor dongle but not able to get connected to services.Can i get any help for this scenario?

Device:
MT_dialog
工作人员
加入:2015-06-08 11:34
Hi goutham,

Hi goutham,

In order for a central to get the supported services of a peripheral the central has to perform a discovery procedure, apparently the device that you are using does not perform that and it just connects to the 583 without performing a disovery, this is something that should be implemented on the central side and on the peripheral side.

Thanks MT_dialog

goutham
Hi

Hi

I had run a BLE client program on the central device.The program performs the discovery procedure.When i load the program i can see the DA14583 advertising i.e I see the name of the peripheral device i.e IoT-DK-SFL. So as you said there should be something implemented on the central side.So,what modifications should i do in the program to make the central device get connected to peripheral device.

Thanks Goutham ,

goutham
Hi

Hi

Can I get any assistance as I am stuck at this point.Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,
高。N

MT_dialog
工作人员
Hi goutham,

Hi goutham,

I am sorry, but your question is quite generic, since you are implementing a central device on a non 58x i am not able to instruct you what exactly you should do in order to properly connect to the peripheral device and discover the services, you will have to check what exactly the client does using a sniffer and check if the discovery procedure is done properly from the device you are using as a central. Ideally you will have to create a profile on the client side on the device you are using that will handle the discovery procedure of the IoT profile which is a custom profile via dialog (the details of the profile and the database the IoT peripheral supports is located in the User Manual of the reference design UM-B-063 IoT Sensor Development Kit).

Thanks MT_dialog

goutham
Thanks for the assistance .I

Thanks for the assistance .I will look into the document UM-B-063 and get back to you.

goutham
Hi

Hi

I have attached the client code which I am running on the central device i.e ESP32. It is not able to retrieve the sensor data from the server i.e DA14583. So Can u have a look at that code and tell that do i need to do changes on the client side or should i do changes in the code which is running the dongle?

Regards,
高。N

Attachment:
MT_dialog
工作人员
Hi goutham,

Hi goutham,

As mentioned above, i am not able to debug or make any comments on a non 58x or 68x device, you will have to sniff the procedures that the client side performs and check if its according to how the discovery procedure should be.

Thanks MT_dialog