DA14568 Flash operations

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
beemavishnu
加入:2019-04-22 13:59
DA14568 Flash operations

Hello,

DA14586 has inbuild Flash over SPI.

1) Please let me know the part number or more details of the Flash.

2) Whether I can write even a single byte at a time or do I need to write only word aligned (4 bytes at a time).

3) Usually flash cannot be re-written on same location untile entire page is erased. Is this the same even in Flash over SPI. I mean:

a) In DA14586, do we need to erase entier Flash to overwrite the same location or we can directly write same location without erasing.

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Beema

Device:
PM_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi beemavishnu,

Hi beemavishnu,

The embedded SPI Flash for the DA14586 is the MX25R2035F (Macronix). For more information, please refer to MX25R2035F datasheet. Please have a look at Flash Programmer project which is in 6.0.10.511\utilities\flash_programmer. This project is a target side application used for uploading and reading back the application code running on platforms powered by the DA14585/586 series integrated circuit. After booting the flash programmer application, platform communicates over UART or JTAG interface with the host application allowing it to read or write application code to the FLASH, EEPROM or OTP memory. Both sides exchange messages containing operation codes, statuses and payload with respect to the defined protocol. Also, you could check the SPI Flash (6.0.10.511\projects\target_apps\peripheral_examples\spi) project of the SDK in order to check how you can interfere with the flash. The default configuration is 8 bit mode, but you could change the mode according to SPI_Word_Mode_t structure. In addition, the tool which is recommended to program the SPI Flash is the SmartSnippets toolbox. Regarding your last question, you could erase a giver address, please check the spi_flash_block_erase and you will have to select the spiEraseModule size.

Thanks, PM_Dialog