Concerns secondary bootloader DA14580

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
BlueSDK18
加入:2018-02-13 11:25
Concerns secondary bootloader DA14580

Hi all,

I was wondering if the secondary bootloader hex file, generated in training 06 (SUOTA), is only
needed once for the python script to generate the spi_multipart.bin file and the other 2
image files. In other words: Is it sufficient to only copy newly generated .img files to
my mobile phone to update the BLE firmware without programming the spi_multipart.bin file every time?
Any help I will appreciate.

BlueSDK18

Device:
MT_dialog
工作人员
加入:2015-06-08 11:34
Hi BlueSDK18,

Hi BlueSDK18,

I am not sure if i get what exactly you mean, the secondary bootloader is part of the multipart.bin file (the entire multipart file contains the two .img files and the secondary bootloader along with the product header and the image headers). On your phone you should copy the .img file that you would like your device to be updated with, just the image with its header (the output of the mkimage single command). The SUOTA procedure will just update in the flash one of the allready existing images, the other image and the bootloader and the product header will stay intact.

Thanks MT_dialog