2 posts / 0 new
Last post
uta_lc
加入:2016-05-03 07:39
SDK5.0.4 fixed issues - upgrade essential or not?

Dear Dialogue Support,

Our project is running on SDK 5.0.3 and we've seen some issues in our product. We are evaluating if it is essential for us to upgrade to 5.0.4.

We understand that it is of our interest in the long term however due to tight schedule in the coming release, we really don't want to upgrade if not essential. We need to understand what's the major fixes in SDK5.0.4.

Reading the release note (5.0.4) it is not clear what the real impact of the following fix:

On page 3 - 7. Fixed a kernel timer corner case in rwip_sleep() - what‘s been fixed here? If we stick to 5.0.3, what's the issue? What the corner case is about?

Is there any other critical updates you recommend that upgrade to 5.0.4 is mandatory?

Thanks,
uta_lc

Device:
Qinjiny_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2016-11-01 05:47
Hi,uta_lc

Hi,uta_lc

Sorry I can't help you with the first question. I need to consult SDK dev team for detailed info about the corner case you talked about.

As far as I know there's nothing very crucial that made you HAVE to upgrade to 5.0.4, but as you see from the release notes there's a lot of fixes and improvments here and there. SDK 5 is designed for make user files and SDK files as seperate as possible. We do recommand you to upgrade to 5.0.4 for better stablility if schedule is allowed, and I believe it should not be too painful to do that.