DA14586 Compatibity与智能手机支持BT4.2

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Muhammadali
DA14586 Compatibity与智能手机支持BT4.2

Hello,

I designed a device with DA14583. Now I want to upgrade the SoC to DA14586. I am able to program my board consisting DA14586 and it is running well. But I am unable to see the device on my BLE Scanner or Light Blue App. My phone does not support Bluetooth 5. But from internet I found that all BLE 5 devices are backward compatible. So I just want to know whether DA14586 can be connected to Smartphones which has only BLE 4.2 support,not BLE 5.

Device:
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Muhammadali,

Hi Muhammadali,

The most possible reason why you are not able to see you device into your mobile BLE applications, is because of the DA14586 is not advertising, not because of the BLE5. Could you please check with Power Profiler of Smart Snippets tool, if your device is advertising or not? As you mention all devices are backward compatible. Also, in fact that is a custom board, it would be highly recommended to review it again.

Thanks, PM_Dialog