⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ahiggs
DA14585 microstrip impedance matching

Hello,

I am designing a space constrained circuit and would like to use a ceramic chip antenna and microstrip to match the impedance. In the DA14585 hardware design guide, it says to place inductor L1 (3.9nH for QFN) close to the DA. The closest I can get it is about 2mm from the antenna pin. Is the microstrip then placed after this 2mm trace or do I include those 2mm in the calculation of the microstrip length?

In the attached picture, the microstrip is circled in green.

Thanks!

Attachment:
Device:
ahiggs
Further clarification of

Further clarification of antenna, microstrip, and inductor placement

Attachment:
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi ahiggs,

Hi ahiggs,

Please check outAN-B-054: DA14585/586 Application Hardware Design Guidelinesdocument for the DA14585/586 product page. This document provide useful guidelines for preparing schematics and PCB layouts for your application using DA14585/586. Also, there this document availableAN-B-027: Designing Printed Antennas for Bluetooth Smart,但对于如何设计印刷天线。

Thanks, PM_Dialog