DA14585 mainboard+Daughter board as stand-alone module

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
vishnuatdialog
DA14585 mainboard+Daughter board as stand-alone module

Hello Dialog,
This is Vishnu, we have developed an application using DA14585 Daughter board+mainboard by interfacing an external sensor via I2C.
We want to test the module in the real environment, for that stand-alone operating setup is required.
1) Which way can I upload the hex code, such that if the USB power is removed and connected to external power source(Power bank) still the module must be operating i.e advertising the sensor data?
2) If I power the development board(MB+DB) with the external power bank what range of voltage and current ratings are required?

Thank you
D.Vishnu

Device:
PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi vishnuatdialog,

Hi vishnuatdialog,

1. Could you please make clean what you want to do? Do you want to build a new project and then to upload the new hex file without a USB cable? Or do you want to burn the SPI flash using USB cable, then remove it?
  2. 你不能使用权力的银行,因为它做的事情esn’t do any enumeration of the voltage, and the chip should be supplied with 3V.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

vishnuatdialog
Hello, Dialog

Hello, Dialog
I want the development board to operate(enumerate sensor data) in stand alone without any input of USB power after dumping the hex code via UART using smart snippets tool.
If I want this how can I power the module and where I can dump the hex code into the development board(MB+DB)? Is it in Flash or OTP or Sysram

Thank you
D.Vishnu

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi vishnuatdialog,

Hi vishnuatdialog,

If you want to use a power bank you should do some handmade modification in the PCB, because as I mentioned in my previous post, the power bank doesn’t do any enumeration by default, so you will not be able to supply the chip with 3V. If you don’t want to modify the PCB, you are able to use the battery as an external power supply, but you should be aware of the power consumption of your application. Regarding your second question, you are able to download firmware in all of them. When you download firmware into the sysRAM, be aware that if the board resets or power off, the code will be lost, so you should download it again. If you burn the OTP, you are able to program your chip once, and then you will boot only from OTP. Also, you can download firmware into the SPI Flash, and the code will be retained after the reset or power off.

Thanks, PM_Dialog