⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ridzuwary
加入:2017-11-24 03:10
DA14580 b -下载到外部oard.

Hi , im quite new to firmware development using sdk da14580-BASIC kit. So i manage to basically using sdk to developed firmware for my custom board using Uvision Keil.
From what i have read, in order to download the generated hex into board i can use the da14850-Basic board and connected it using the pin below to my board.

P0_4 --> DUT RX
P0_5 --> DUT TX
J5 --> DUT VCC
GND0 -> DUT GND

Im using the smart snippet UART , COM4 ( as per discovered ) , and select chip 14850-1 .
In the booter , i select hex that i compiled from Keil and the press download .
i have this respond .

[INFO @17-05-24 1:45:32] Connection to COM4 port has successfully opened.
[INFO @17-05-24 1:45:32] Started download procedure...
[ACTION @17-05-24 1:45:32] Please press the hardware reset button on the board to start the download process.
[ERROR @17-05-24 1:45:32] Timeout: Reset signal not detected for more than 16000 msecs.

I dont have RESET on my board , i only have ( 6.8+ , Tx,Rx,V , G ) , how do i initiated time out from the 14850-BASIC SDK board to my custom board ? i read that i can connect the RST from the Basic SDK board to my VCC as well ( while also have j5 connect to my vcc ), and dicsonnect to initiate reset. is this correct ? Or what can i do ?

Thank you in advance. Im sorry im quite really new in firmware dev,

Attachment:
Device:
PM_Dialog
Staff
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi ridzuwary,

Hi ridzuwary,

When downloading firmware through UART, using Smart Snippets toolbox, you should reset the board first. You are able to this in FAQs section on the following linkhttps://support.dialog-semiconductor.com/guide/faq-dev-kits-ref-designs. The reason why the Smart Snippets tool requires to receive a 0x02 in order to track the bootloader and the UART starting sequence. So in order to do that you will need to reset somehow the board in order to force the bootloader running, what you can try is to remove and re-apply the Vcc and check if that works.

Thanks, PM_Dialog