Skip to main content

Bad workspace_loc ?

9 months ago

Bad workspace_loc ?

Posted byKWolfe8124 points 3 replies
0 upvotes

Where/how does the environmental variableworkspace_locget set in SmartSnippet? I'm getting an error running External Tools that it can't find the working directory.

Background:

I'm standing up my build environment for the first time. I've installed SmartSnippet Studio & the Toolbox and am compiling code fine.

Following the Getting Started guide, I was able to program RAM through SmartSnippet no problem. When I went to program the SPI Flash, I found my 'External Tools' menu option empty. Following the support given on the link below, I was able to import the External Tools successfully.

https://support.dialog-semiconductor.com/forums/post/dialog-smartbond-bluetooth-low-energy-42-%C2%A0%E2%80%93-tools/empty-external-tools-smartsnippet

The tools are now listed in SmartSnippet, however, going to run them, I encounter an error indicating the Working Directory for the Tool isn't correct (see attached image). Changing the working directory to an absolute path causes the tools to work as expected.

Attachment Size
SS_Error.pdf 132.43 KB

9 months ago

KB_Dialog

Hi Kwolfe81,

The variable"workspace_loc" is automatically set based on the intall - you shouldn't have to set it as an enviroment variable.

你的安装路径看起来什么like?
When you start SSStuido did you select the SDK root folder? - i.e. C:\Users\KB_Dialog\SDK\SDK_10.0.8.105
Can you also confirm the version of SSStudio and SDK you are using please.

BR,

KB_Dialog

9 months ago

KWolfe81 24 points

SSStudio is installed to:

D:\Dialog\SmartSnippets\SmartSnippetsStudio2.0.14

My workspace is currently also my SDK Root folder (is there a way to separate them?):

D:\Dialog\SDK_10.0.8.105

The version of SSStudio is 2.0.14.1748 & SDK is 10.0.8.105.

9 months ago

KevinL 5 points

Hi KWolfe81,

Before download, please click DA1469x-00-Debug_QSPI folder on the SSStudio project exploer window.

BR,

Kevin