Skip to main content

Calibration

6 months ago

Calibration

Posted byepoulsen0 points 4 replies
0 upvotes

Hi

If i do my own module based on DA14585 based on your referance design then do I need to do any calibration of the module when it is beeing produced?

If yes doe you have any document that describe what has to be done?

BT团体做我要德问ualification when I use the chip and your referance design or can i just relay or the chip qualification you already have done?

Br Erik

accepted answer!

6 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi epoulsen,

Thanks for your question online and for your interest in our BLE solutions. Yes, you should calibrate the crystal oscillator that will be used in your own design. Regarding your last question, please refer to DA14585/586 product page and section “BT SIG certifications” .

Thanks, PM_Dialog

6 months ago

epoulsen 0 points

Hi

Do you have a description of how the calibation should be done?

Br Erik

6 months ago

epoulsen 0 points

Hi

Do you have a description how the calibration should be done?

br Erik

accepted answer!

6 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi Erik,

Regarding the crystal trimming, you should run the prod_test firmware (6.0.14.1114\projects\target_apps\prod_test\prod_test) and then use the RF Master from the SmartSnippets Toolbox.

Please see section 24.1.4 from the user guide – link is provided below :

http://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/UM-B-083/tools/RfMaster.html

You should also use a frequency counter tool, so that you can decide which is the best trimming value.

After that, you can change the default value in the arch_system.c file. Please check DEFAULT_XTAL32M_TRIM_VALUE_QFN and DEFAULT_XTAL32M_TRIM_VALUE_WLCSP macro which hold the default trimming values.

Finally in your product, you can apply the correct trimming values in the OTP Configuration Script too.

Thanks, PM_Dialog